Take the time to create a brighter tomorrow
It could be months or years or decades. But soon enough, the future will come calling – and you’ll need money to make a big purchase, cover a major expense, or enjoy a comfortable retirement lifestyle. Certificates of Deposit and Individual Retirement Accounts both feature higher earnings and the flexibility to choose shorter or longer savings periods that fit your unique needs. Our friendly HHSB team will gladly explain all the details and the many potential benefits.
Certificates of Deposit
- Choose CDs ranging from 91 days to 5 years
- Minimum deposit of $1,000
- CDs feature higher earnings than most traditional savings accounts
- In general, longer term CDs pay higher returns based on rate
- Interest may be added back to the CD, deposited into your checking or savings account, or paid directly to you by check.
- CDs can be used as loan collateral
- Contribute up to $6,000 per year (up to $7,000 if you’re over age 50)
- Choose IRAs with terms of 12, 18, 30 or 66 months
- Traditional and Roth IRAs available
- With Traditional IRAs, you may be able to take a tax deduction for every year you make a contribution
- With Roth IRAs, all withdrawals are tax-free
- With both types of IRAs, all annual interest and dividend earnings are tax-free
- Consult your experienced HHSB banker or personal financial advisors for more details.
Hoosier Heartland State Bank is a full-service bank with locations throughout West Central Indiana.