HHSB Now Supports Apple Pay!
Now you can safely and easily pay for purchases from an Apple mobile device at participating merchants with your Hoosier Heartland State Bank debit card. After you’ve added your HHSB debit card to your Apple Pay Wallet, just hold your eligible Apple device above a participating Apple Pay payment terminal instead of swiping your card to complete your purchase. Your fingerprint verifies your identity and your actual sixteen-digit debit card number is never stored on your phone or transmitted to the merchant.
Do I need a new HHSB debit card?
Your existing Hoosier Heartland State Bank MasterCard debit cards are fully supported, so you do not need a new card to use Apple Pay. HHSB Health Savings Account debit cards, ATM cards, personal credit cards, and business credit cards are not eligible for Apple Pay.
How do I set up my HHSB debit card with Apple Pay?
To add a card on your iPhone:
- Go to Wallet and tap Add Credit or Debit Card.
- Follow the steps to add a new card. If you're asked to add the card that you use with iTunes, just enter its security code.
- Tap Next. Your bank or card issuer will verify your information and decide if you can add your card to Apple Pay. If your bank or issuer needs more information to verify your card, they'll ask you for it. When you have the information, go back to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay and tap your card.
- After your bank or issuer verifies your card, tap Next. Then start using Apple Pay.
For adding your card to other devices, visit: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204506.
How does it work?
You can use Apple Pay in stores, within apps, and on websites in Safari. To complete a payment at a merchant, hold your device over the Apple Pay supported payment terminal and accept the charge with your fingerprint or passcode. A vibration and sound lets you know the purchase was successful.
In stores, look for one of these symbols at checkout. If you can’t use Apple Pay at a store that displays one of these symbols, let us know.
Will my device work?
- iPhone models with Face ID
- iPhone models with Touch ID, except for iPhone 5s
- iPad Pro
- iPad Air
- iPad mini models with Touch ID or Face ID
- Apple Watch Series 1 and 2 and later
- Apple Watch (1st generation)
- Mac models with Touch ID
- Mac models introduced in 2012 or later with an Apple Pay-enabled iPhone or Apple Watch
- Mac computers with Apple silicon that are paired with a Magic Keyboard with Touch ID
For an up-to-date listing, visit: https://support.apple.com/en-us/KM207105.
How secure is Apple Pay?
What if my iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac is lost or stolen?
With Apple Pay, you authorize each purchase with Touch ID or your passcode. And every time you put on your Apple Watch, you need to enter your passcode to access it. These features help prevent other people from using Apple Pay on your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac.
You can go to https://www.icloud.com/find or use the Find My iPhone app to suspend or permanently remove the ability to pay from that device with Apple Pay. Your cards will be suspended or removed from Apple Pay even if your device is offline and not connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network. You can also call HHSB Customer Service at 765-942-0125 to suspend or remove your cards from Apple Pay.
Can I continue to use my plastic debit card if I suspend or remove my card in Wallet?
When you suspend or remove your cards in Wallet, your device-specific Device Account Number is suspended or removed. You can continue to use your plastic debit card.
To learn more or if you need help with setup, contact the HHSB Customer Service Team at 765-942-0125.