For over 100 years Hoosier Heartland State Bank has been committed to the communities we serve. We are dedicated to our Mission, Vision and Values and we conduct business in accordance with these standards 100% of the time.
It is the Mission of Hoosier Heartland State Bank to be an industry leader in redefining what it means to be a Community Bank. We believe the characteristics that define a Community Bank and Hoosier Heartland State Bank are:
1. Giving 10% of our annual net income back to the communities we serve.
2. Giving back of our time and talents to the communities we serve. Our standard as an organization is 10,000 hours per year.
3. At least quarterly, employee owners conduct service projects that directly benefit those in need.
4. We are committed to the success of our clients through a process of consultation and recommendation as we form long term relationships.
Where every customer says: “My Banker treats me like Family and has changed my Life!”
Through our values, we create a culture of service that supports our Mission and Vision.
Our values are:
1. Honesty, Integrity and Reliability are the standards by which we live and conduct business. We do what we say!
2. We build Relationships by treating those within our community like family.
3. We change lives through Love, Compassion and Service.
4. We achieve Excellence in everything we do!
5. We believe in creating passionate employees through ownership. Every employee acts like an owner, empowered to choose Fun and spread Joy while living our mission.
In 2002, Hoosier Heartland State Bank became an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) Company. As employee-owners, we have a real interest in the bank’s success. Our employees exhibit “Pride of Ownership” and understand that we succeed only when our clients succeed. We are a family of dedicated employee-owners who work hard to keep Hoosier Heartland State Bank growing and healthy. As employee-owners, we understand that our future is directly tied to the quality of service we provide and the value we bring to our community. Putting a smile on every face takes on special meaning when you are an owner.
On December 1, 1899, The Linden State Bank in Linden, Indiana was formed. The bank was founded as a Community Bank with the purpose of supporting agriculture, local commerce and the citizens of Linden and Montgomery County. On January 1, 1920 the Farmers State Bank in New Ross, Indiana was organized as a Community Bank. As the name implies, it was also founded with the purpose of supporting agriculture while serving the citizens of New Ross and surrounding communities. In order to increase efficiency, reduce operating costs, and better serve our communities, Linden State Bank and Farmers State Bank merged on April 17, 2009 and became Hoosier Heartland State Bank. Today, Hoosier Heartland State Bank has 6 branches serving 9 counties in West Central Indiana. Over the years, government regulations and technology have impacted the manner in which we conduct business. However, we have never deviated from our original purpose as a Community Bank.
Bank Directors (By Background)
William E. Etcheson, III, Chairman Bradley J. Monts
Robert H. DeVault David A. Rhoads Brian J. Buck
Michael P. Hartley, Vice-Chairman Patricia L. Sosbe, Vice-Chairman
Lawrence A. Smith
*Not Pictured: Charles David Wilson - Personnel - HR
Bradley J. Monts William E. Etcheson III Trent D. Smaltz
President CEO Chief Lending Officer
Tammy S. Harshbarger William L. Wagner III Jamie McCumber
V.P. – Ag/Commercial Lending V.P. - Commercial Lending V.P. - Operations
Blake Zachary Zach Hockersmith
V.P. - Technology Assistant V.P. - Retail Sales