Financial coaching for students and teens learning the steps to independent financing.
Some of the wealthiest people in the world started in the same position you are currently in. Someone reached out and taught them how to manage their finances. It is essential to learn money managing skills early in life to be on stable financial footing later. We will provide advice and resources to get you started on your journey.
There is no better time than now to develop savvy saving skills. Whether you have short-term goals such as a bike or gaming system or long term goals like a first car or college: NOW is the time to develop good saving habits. Acquiring these skills early will help train you to be a good money manager for the rest of your life, which will make a monumental difference in the remaining stages of your life.
Hoosier Heartland State Bank offers saving accounts for high school and college students. It is our priority to find the right account for you. Please contact us with any questions.
- HHSB Kids Savings Account
- HHSB Student Savings Account
- HHSB Direct Savings Account
It’s easy to delay planning for college expenses until you are almost ready to pack your bags, but we want you to start preparing early. Regardless of your financial resources, we would like to sit down and discuss your options of saving for college. It is never too soon for pre-college families and students to begin allocating funds for the use of college tuition and other expenses.
- Savings accounts
- More complex options including College Savings 529 plans are available through our financial professional.
TIPS FOR EFFECTIVE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT:
- Set a goal for your saving and keep track of it. Once that goal is reached, keep going. No one ever regrets saving too much.
- Don’t spend everything you make. Try to save as much as possible. Remember to pay yourself first.
- Record every transaction in a register AS YOU MAKE IT. Don’t wait for checks and debit card transactions to clear and don’t rely solely on your online banking to keep track for you. YOU are your best tool in keeping track of you funds.
- Know the details of your accounts, such as overdraft charges and minimum balance requirements.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help! We know how confusing keeping track of your finances can be and we are here to help you. Please call or stop by any of our branches when you have questions or need assistance.