In February 2019 we held our 4th annual Shared Values awards banquet. We gave back $36,500 to our local nonprofits that evening with the Shared Values winner being the Women's Resource Center taking home the $5,000 donation. This evening capped off the 2018 year in which we gave back $218,000 to nonprofits in our communities.
As a Community Bank, we understand how important it is to support organizations that help those in need. We fulfill our mission in this area through the following programs:
The Hoosier Heartland State Bank Scholarship Program
Annually, HHSB awards a four-year, renewable scholarship in the amount of $1,000 per year ($4,000 total award) at each of the High Schools in our area – Crawfordsville, North Montgomery, South Montgomery and North Putnam. The scholarship recognizes a student attending an accredited college or university who is majoring in business, finance or marketing. Each applicant’s academic achievement along with community, school and volunteer activities are taken into consideration. Other eligibility requirements apply. More information concerning the scholarship program can be obtained by contacting:
- The Montgomery County Community Foundation if attending a Montgomery County High School, or
- Your Guidance Counselor if attending North Putnam High School.
- You may also contact Brad Monts (765-942-2000) or Trey Etcheson (765-361-3338) at Hoosier Heartland State Bank for more information.
Each employee-owner of HHSB is directly involved in our monetary donation process by directing donations to the “Heart-String” charity of their choice. Other donations are considered through written request. A partial listing of organizations that HHSB has supported through our “Giving Back” mission are:
Community Service Projects
Each quarter, the Directors and employee-owners of HHSB donate their time and talents to various projects that benefit those less fortunate than ourselves. Service projects involving HHSB have included:
- Preparing food packets for Kid’s Against Hunger
- Food preparation and serving at the Friendship Kitchen
- Fund Raising and volunteering for Making Strides – Breast Cancer Awareness
- Habitat for Humanity
- Nursing Home Visits
- Food drives for FISH
To request a donation or sponsorship:
Donations and sponsorships are funded on a first-come, first-serve basis; however, preference is given to the following areas:
- Charitable organizations in which HHSB employees serve in some capacity.
- Organizations that have or are developing a banking relationship with HHSB.
- Charitable organizations that share HHSB's values while working to fulfill the needs of the underserved within our local communities.*
*The community, for giving back, is defined as the market area where HHSB’s branches are located
If you would like more information regarding any of the “HHSB Gives Back” programs please contact Brad Monts (765-942-2000) or Trey Etcheson (765-361-3338).