Hoosier Heartland State Bank
PO Box 8
Ladoga, IN 47954
MOBILE DEPOSIT USER AGREEMENT
This Mobile Deposit User Agreement ("Agreement") contains the terms and conditions for the use of Hoosier Heartland State Bank’s Mobile Deposit services that Hoosier Heartland State Bank ("bank", "us", "our", or "we") may provide to you ("you," or "User"). Other agreements you have entered into with Hoosier Heartland State Bank, as applicable to your account(s) with us, are incorporated by reference and made a part of this Agreement, including the Online Banking Agreement.
1. Services. Hoosier Heartland State Banks Mobile Deposit services ("Services") are designed to allow you to make deposits to your checking, or money market accounts from home or other remote locations by capturing the image of a check and delivering the images and associated deposit information to Hoosier Heartland State Bank or our designated processor.
2. Acceptance of these Terms. Your use of the Services constitutes your acceptance of this Agreement. This Agreement is subject to change at any time. We will notify you of any material change via e-mail, text message, or on our website by providing a link to the revised Agreement. Your continued use of the Services will indicate your consent to be bound by the revised Agreement. Further, Hoosier Heartland State Bank reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from the Services. Your continued use of the Services will indicate your acceptance of any such changes to the Services.
3. Limitations of Service. When using the Services, you may experience technical or other difficulties. Depending on the circumstances of the issue we may choose to post alerts through our Internet Banking Messaging System, or by direct email, to notify you of interruptions in Service. We cannot assume responsibility for any technical or other difficulties or any resulting damages that you may incur. Some of the Services have qualification requirements, and we reserve the right to change the qualifications at any time without prior notice. We reserve the right to change, suspend or discontinue the Services, in whole or in part, or your use of the Services, in whole or in part, immediately and at any time without prior notice to you.
4. Hardware and Software. In order to use the Services, you must obtain and maintain, at your expense:
• A connection to the Internet
• An active e-mail account which is accessible through dedicated e-mail software or a web browser.
• An Electronic device or system running an operating system which is currently supported by the publisher with:
1.) The ability to run one of the Mobile Banking Applications published by Hoosier Heartland State Bank.
2.) A camera capable of taking a picture of a check with sufficient resolution for the item to be legible and pass validation by the Mobile Deposit system as outlined in item 15 Image Quality below.
Hoosier Heartland State Bank is not responsible for any third party software you may need to use the Services. Any such software is accepted by you as is and is subject to the terms and conditions of the software agreement you enter into directly with the third party software provider at time of download and installation.
5. Fees. A per deposit item fee will be charged for the Service. You are responsible for paying the fees for the use of the Service. Any fee that is charged will be disclosed prior to your deposit. Hoosier Heartland State Bank may change the fees for use of the Service at any time pursuant to the section titled "Acceptance of these Terms" above. You authorize Hoosier Heartland State Bank to deduct such fees from the same bank account as your mobile deposit.
6. Eligible items. You agree to scan and deposit only "checks" as that term is defined in Federal Reserve Regulation CC ("Reg. CC"). When the image of the check transmitted to Hoosier Heartland State Bank is converted to an Image Replacement Document for subsequent presentment and collection, it shall thereafter be deemed an "item" within the meaning of Articles 3 and 4 of the Uniform Commercial Code. Items that can be deposited via Mobile Deposit are checks payable to the account owner or joint account owners that have been properly endorsed with the appropriate signature(s), the words “For Mobile Deposit Only”, and that day’s date.
NOTE: Any check that you attempt to deposit using Hoosier Heartland State Bank’s Mobile Deposit is subject to review by Hoosier Heartland State Bank. We reserve the right to reject any item for deposit for any reason and will not be liable to you. In such a case, you will need to deposit that item via other means, such as visiting a Hoosier Heartland State Bank office in person.
You agree that you will not scan and deposit any of the following types of checks or other items which shall be considered ineligible items:
• Checks payable to any person or entity other than the person or entity that owns the account that the check is being deposited into.
• Checks containing an alteration on the front of the check or item, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
• Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees.
• Checks previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Reg. CC.
• Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States.
• Checks that are remotely created checks, as defined in Reg. CC.
• Checks not payable in United States currency.
• Checks dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit.
• Checks or items prohibited by the bank's current procedures relating to the services or which are otherwise not acceptable under the terms of your account.
• Checks with any endorsement on the back other than that specified in this agreement.
• Checks that have previously been submitted through the Service or through a remote deposit capture service offered at any other financial institution.
• Checks that have previously been deposited or negotiated in any way via any method at Hoosier Heartland State Bank or any other financial institution.
7. Endorsements and Procedures. Before you scan a check for mobile deposit, the check must be endorsed (signed) by all payees and must include the restrictive endorsement, “For Mobile Deposit Only” below the signature(s), or as otherwise instructed by Hoosier Heartland State Bank. In addition to the requirements, you agree to follow and abide by any and all procedures and instructions for use of the Services as the bank may establish from time to time.
8. Receipt of Items. We reserve the right to reject any item transmitted through the Services, at our discretion, without liability to you. We are not responsible for items we do not receive or for images that are dropped during transmission. An image of an item shall be deemed received when you receive a confirmation from Hoosier Heartland State Bank that we have received the image. Receipt of such confirmation does not mean that the transmission was error free, complete or will be considered a deposit and credited to your account. We further reserve the right to charge back to your account at any time; any item that we subsequently determine was not an eligible item. You agree that the Bank is not liable for any loss, costs, or fees you may incur as a result of our chargeback of an ineligible item.
9. Availability of Funds. Checks deposited via the Service by Hoosier Heartland State Bank’s stated 7:00 p.m. EST deadline will be considered deposited on that business day and subject to the Funds Availability disclosure provided during account opening. Otherwise, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open. Funds deposited using the Services will generally be made available on the first business day after the day of deposit.
10. Disposal of Transmitted Items. Upon your receipt of a confirmation from Hoosier Heartland State Bank that we have received an image that you have transmitted, you agree to prominently mark the item as "Electronically Presented", "VOID", or otherwise render it incapable of further transmission, deposit, or presentment. You agree never to re-present the item. You agree to retain the check for at least 60 calendar days from the date of the image transmission. After 60 days, you agree to destroy the check that you transmitted. During the time the retained check is available, you agree to properly handle the check and upon request, promptly provide it to Hoosier Heartland State Bank.
11. Deposit Limits. We reserve the right to and may establish limits on the dollar amount and/or number of items or deposits from time to time. If you attempt to initiate a deposit in excess of these limits, we may reject your deposit. If we permit you to make a deposit in excess of these limits, such deposit will still be subject to the terms of this Agreement, and we will not be obligated to allow such a deposit at other times.
12. Presentment. The manner in which the items are cleared, presented for payment, and collected shall be in Hoosier Heartland State Bank’s sole discretion subject to the agreements governing your account.
13. Errors. You agree to notify Hoosier Heartland State Bank of any suspected errors regarding items deposited through the Services immediately, and in no event later than 30 days after the applicable Hoosier Heartland State Bank account statement is sent. Unless you notify Hoosier Heartland State Bank within 30 days, such statement regarding all deposits made through the Services shall be deemed correct, and you are prohibited from bringing a claim against Hoosier Heartland State Bank for such alleged error.
14. Errors in Transmission. By using the Services you accept the risk that an item may be intercepted or misdirected during transmission. Hoosier Heartland State Bank bears no liability to you or others for any such intercepted or misdirected items or information disclosed through such errors.
15. Image Quality. The image of an item transmitted to Hoosier Heartland State Bank using the Services must be legible, as determined in the sole discretion of Hoosier Heartland State Bank. Without limiting the foregoing, the image quality of the items must comply with the requirements established from time to time by Hoosier Heartland State Bank, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Board, or any other regulatory agency, clearinghouse or association.
16. User Warranties and Indemnification. You warrant to Hoosier Heartland State Bank that:
• You will only transmit eligible items.
• You will not transmit duplicate items.
• You will not re-deposit or re-present the original item.
• All information you provide to Hoosier Heartland State Bank is accurate and true.
• You will comply with this Agreement and all applicable rules, laws, and regulations.
• You are not aware of any factor which may impair the collectability of the item.
• You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Hoosier Heartland State Bank from any loss for breach of this warranty provision.
17. Cooperation with Investigations. You agree to cooperate with us in the investigation of unusual transactions, poor quality transmissions, and resolution of customer claims, including by providing, upon request and without further cost, any originals or copies of items deposited through the Service in your possession and your records relating to such items and transmissions.
18. Termination. We may terminate this Agreement at any time, for any reason, and without notice. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect unless and until it is terminated by us. Without limiting the foregoing, this Agreement may be terminated if you breach any term of this Agreement, if you use the Services for any unauthorized or illegal purposes or you use the Services in a manner inconsistent with the terms of your account agreement or any other agreement with us.
19. Enforceability. We may waive enforcement of any provision of this Agreement. No waiver of a breach of this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of any prior or subsequent breach of the Agreement. Any such waiver shall not affect our rights with respect to any other transaction or to modify the terms of this Agreement. In the event that any provision of this Agreement shall be deemed to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable to any extent, the remainder of the Agreement shall not be impaired or otherwise affected and shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
20. Ownership & License. You agree that Hoosier Heartland State Bank retains all ownership and proprietary rights in the Services, associated content, technology, and website(s). Your use of the Services is subject to and conditioned upon your complete compliance with this Agreement. Without limiting the effect of the foregoing, any breach of this Agreement immediately terminates your right to use the Services. Without limiting the restriction of the foregoing, you may not use the Services (i) in any anti-competitive manner, (ii) for any purpose which would be contrary to Hoosier Heartland State Bank’s business interest, or (iii) to Hoosier Heartland State Bank’s actual or potential economic disadvantage in any aspect. You may use the Services only in accordance with this Agreement. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute or create derivative works from the content and agree not to reverse engineer or reverse compile any of the technology used to provide the Services.
21. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU AGREE YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT (INCLUDING THAT OF THIRD PARTIES) IS AT YOUR RISK AND IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AS TO THE USE OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES (i) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, AND (iv) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGY WILL BE CORRECTED.
22. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER LOSSES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE TERMINATION OF THE USE OF THIS SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OR CLAIM (WHETHER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), EVEN IF HOOSIER HEARTLAND STATE BANK HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.